As the world's population grows, aquaculture has an important role to play in reducing sourcing pressure on wild fish stocks. It is also more carbon efficient than the farming of land animals.
However, irresponsible fish farming can be highly detrimental to the marine environment. Knowing this, we will only buy from suppliers who have one or more of the various aquaculture accreditations for responsible practice. This means we can say that 100% of our fish has been sustainably produced.
All the salmon in our BigFish™ brand is certified to the GGN standard and we are a chain of custody supplier within the Global.G.A.P. and Aquaculture Stewardship Council schemes. Although presently we only use farmed species, we are also certified to the MSC (Marine Stewardship Council) chain of custody standard for wild caught fish.
- Full transparency of all seafood sourcing via the Ocean Disclosure Project (ODP) and FishChoice.
- The first seafood brand in the UK to commit to GGN-certified labelling
- Chain of Custody certification to GlobalG.A.P., Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) and Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) standards
- A supplier of Certified Organic salmon
- An RSPCA Assured supplier
- End to end traceability from raw material to customer